768 N. Nova Rd Daytona Beach FL 32114 386-252-2534
EASY TURKEY PUMPKIN CHILI
• 1 pound ground turkey (or ground chicken)
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons chili powder, divided
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
1 quart chicken broth (about 4 cups)
1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15-ounce can cannellini or white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup pumpkin puree, canned or homemade
2 large sweet potatoes, diced into small cubes
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped (If you prefer lots of spice, start with this amount and add more, to taste.)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pinch salt and black pepper
for serving: cilantro, limes, avocados
• In a large bowl, mix together ground turkey, 1 tablespoon chili powder, ground ginger, salt and cumin.
• Heat a large dutch oven or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the ground turkey mixture and cook for about 10 minutes, until meat is cooked through, crumbled and browned.
• Transfer cooked meat to a large bowl and set aside.
• Add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to dutch oven and add in onion. Cook for about 5 minutes on until translucent and soft. Add in garlic and cook for one more minute.
• Transfer cooked meat back to dutch oven and add chicken broth, tomatoes, black beans, white beans, pumpkin puree, sweet potatoes, chipotle pepper, remaining 2 teaspoons chili powder, oregano, salt and black pepper.
• Mix together and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Uncover and cook another 15 minutes.
• Serve with chopped cilantro, fresh limes and avocados.
SERVING DAYTONA BEACH SINCE 1959
SMELLS LIKE POPCORN
CASSIE - POPCORN
Monday through Friday: 8am - 5:30pm
Saturday: 9am - 4pm
POINSETTIAS WILL BE ARRIVING SOON
CALL TODAY TO ORDER YOURS!